Search This Blog

Sunday, June 21, 2009

A Few of my Favourite Things

I get asked a lot how I like my new career in real estate and there are the obvious ups and downs such as unpredictable hours and income, but then again I can make my own hours to a degree and I do enjoy the work I am doing. I must say that my favourite part is doing the open houses every weekend. I think I enjoy this part the most because I get to meet new people every week and learn from each person that walks through the door. I learn how to deal with different personalities, what they think of the house and even everyday things like what’s new and exciting in the Peterborough area since I do have a tendency to start chatting away.

I’ve heard from some people in the business that they dislike doing open houses because lets face it, they are on the weekend, but I really don’t feel like its work when I do them. It’s always exciting to see how many people are going to come, how the weather, location, price and time on market affect the number of groups at an open house. It’s interesting to see how the different elements really do affect the life of a house on the market. But my FAVOURITE thing about being a sales representative is when I do an open house and find the buyer. It’s gratifying to know that the time, preparation and handouts are not gone to waste and I really have helped sell my client’s home.
-Ashley Ross
Sales Representative

No comments:

Followers